Tuesday, December 30, 2014

And it all falls down...

As I washed my hair and blew it dry today, fistfuls of hair fell out into my hands. It made me sad. I wanted to cry. It is so hard to be at the mercy of the chemo drug. I had to keep turning the blow-dryer off to gather the hair off my hands and throw it into the garbage. Eventually, I gave up. Most of my hair was dry. I ended up putting my hair in a pony-tail or I would be shedding hair all day and it would be all over me and the house.  At least this way, when I brush my hair I can gather all the fallen pieces at one time. I sleep with my hair in a pony-tail or I suspect it would be all over my pillow and bed. I go for my next chemo treatment in a couple hours. I would imagine that over the next two or three days, the rest of the hair will fall out.  Our family is going to have a head-shaving party in a day or two - Derek and Ry as well in a show of solidarity. We will definitely get that family picture! I think a few tears will be shed then, as it all falls down around me...

2 comments:

  1. Just remember it's just hair that's falling, not you, you are beautiful and always will be, hair or no hair...you are beautiful, you are loved and you are strong! onetoughchick...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have said it better myself, Starkey. Lisa - lots of prayers coming your way. You are so strong - you are an inspiration.

      Delete