Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Twenty-four hours later...

I slept like a baby. I was asleep and totally out of it by ten o'clock.  I don't even remember the nine o'clock hour.  I may have been staring at the TV, perhaps I was playing solitaire - I actually think I was sleeping with my eyes open. I could have slept even longer but we had to get Ry off to school.  Life doesn't stop so we have to keep going as best we can. Derek and I walked Riley to school and then took our dog (Tucker) for a walk. It was so wonderful walking through the forest, the temperature was beautiful. It felt weird knowing that this medicine was going all through me yet I felt no different (maybe a little shaky). By lunchtime I was starting to feel a little shakier and then chilly. My home care nurse came to give me the white blood cell booster injection. Damn, that sucker hurts! The needle poking into my stomach didn't feel too bad (like a bug bite) but the booster stung! I'm a big baby when it comes to needles, but still! Derek and I went to pick Riley up from school and that's when it hit. I got the chills. I was terrified that I had a fever. We got home and I immediately took my temperature - normal! It must be that my body was reacting to the chemo as it kills the good and bad cells. I decided that it was time for a nap. I needed to warm up and get some rest. More or less, I think I have survived my first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment