Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Some troubles...

I know that the day is approaching that I am going to lose all of my hair. I had asked Riley what he would think if I were to shave my head. He told me that he thought it was going to be 'cool'! We joked and laughed that we would all have the same haircut (him, Daddy and I).  He thought that was pretty funny. About a week later he told me that he thought maybe I might look 'weird'. Maybe I shouldn't shave my head. Uh oh. Today, Derek and I went to pick up my wig in preparation for the next two to seven days, when I would lose my hair for certain. Riley told me he was nervous to see my head shaved and to see my wig. He was scared that I wouldn't look like 'Mom'. I got my wig out to show him. It is essentially the same colour hair I currently have and very close to the same length and style. He seemed okay with that. I'll be honest, I'm as nervous as Riley about seeing me bald. I'm having some trouble sleeping well because I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and all my hair is going to be on my pillow. I've only cried twice in this whole process, but I have a feeling I may cry the day my hair begins to fall out. Hair is part of your identity as a woman. It takes a long time to grow back and won't even start to grow until two to three months after I finish chemo. I am definitely having some troubles with this hurdle...

4 comments:

  1. It'll be okay Lisa. You have a beautiful face with standout eyes, and are one of those rare people that can definitely pull it off! You'll look beautiful no matter what! Don't stress and kick that cancers butt!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it, way too much attention is put upon a woman's looks and hair is a big part of it, but like I said earlier, and Jodi said today,you have an absolutely gorgeous face and you will totally rock a bald head beautifully, when it falls out go ahead and cry if you want knowing we will all be there to wipe your tears xo...rock this thing sunshine knowing you are "beautiful" no matter what... and kick it in the ass!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, hair or no hair....you are BEAUTIFUL! Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa you are beautiful on the inside and that's what matters. People look at your eyes not your hair.

    ReplyDelete