Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Another test...

We had to go directly from my chemo treatment to an MRI.  This is to help establish a baseline for the surgeon when it comes time to operate.  I will need to do another MRI when chemotherapy is completed. I was so drowsy and groggy. All I wanted to do was go home and lie down on the couch or in bed.  They got me in as quickly as possible, especially when we showed up over an hour and a half early for my appointment. More dyes were injected into my bloodstream. I lay down on the machine with my breasts hanging through a hole in the board (if you've never had an MRI, typically you lay down face up).  For an MRI you go into this tunnel on the board and have to stay as still as possible.  I stayed so still that I managed to drift off three time, in spite of all the noise the machine makes (so much noise that you wear headphones over your ears for protection). It isn't constant. I would drift off during the noise and the noise would stop. When it started up again, I would jump awake and drift off again. Once completed, I had my PICC line cleaned yet again and it was finally time to go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment