Thursday, December 25, 2014

Cleaning me up...

The home care nurse came by. She will come to the house each week that I don't have chemotherapy to change the dressing for my PICC line. I have a bandage about six inches long and four inches wide covering and surrounding my PICC line. It needs to be changed weekly and cleaned with alcohol wipes. The cleaning frickin' burns. The alcohol wipes burn the skin around the PICC line and right where the PICC line comes out of my arm. It also hurts the surrounding area. I was happy Ry wasn't in the room when the nurse did the cleaning. I might have said 'mother-trucker' once or twice. Once the alcohol dried, she changed all the bandages and the caps on the end of the PICC line where they draw blood from. This PICC line is such a pain in the ass. You can't get it wet. I miss my showers so much. Bathing sucks. It makes me so cold because I can't submerge myself in water and washing my hair sucks because I don't feel like I can get it clean enough. This nurse taught me a little trick though. If I wrap the bandaged area in the Saran Press 'n Seal wrap and put an elastic at the top and bottom of the wrap, I could have quick showers! Yippee!!! I am now speed-showering. Still better than not showering at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment