Friday, December 19, 2014

Thinking one thing, doing another...

I woke up today feeling pretty good. I had a good sleep (no feeling like I was having a heart attack moments). I was moving around better than yesterday and feeling a bit better than yesterday. A wonderful colleague came by today to drop off many care packages from staff and parents (I cannot thank these people enough for caring about myself an my family as much as they do). Derek and I went back to the hospital today for a pelvic ultrasound.  I went there thinking that it was for the benign tumor that I found out I had last year at this time. No, I was going to have the cyst on my left ovary checked out. I had forgotten all about that.  Shit. The nurses were super nice. I was freezing (the chemo does that to you - constant chills) so they got me a heated blanket. The nurse talked to me a little during the ultrasound, questioning me as to what exams I had been through, chemo or surgery first, that kind of thing. Although she really isn't supposed to (and she will remain nameless), she told me that she didn't want me to have to wait for my results with everything I am going through. She told me I had nothing to worry about and that it was a water cyst.  I almost cried. I had gone in thinking I was having an ultrasound for something completely different. Then when I figured out what the ultrasound was for, I thought I was going to have to wait out the results, yet again. Nurse, thanks for putting me out of my misery and making my day! Nothing to worry about, for a change! By the time I got home, I was completely knackered (that's for those of you who like to read English chick lit - I love that word). But I still felt so much better than yesterday.  Definitely not myself (not by a long shot) and sluggish for the rest of the day, but so much better. Bedtime for me is still close to 8pm...

No comments:

Post a Comment