Sunday, January 04, 2015

The power of words and love...

We have had so many people express their love and support to us over the past month. Speaking as someone who needs that love and support, you truly have no idea how much it means and how powerful your words are to us. Each and every time I go to the hospital to meet with the doctors, I must complete a survey asking me a number of questions including how depressed and anxious I am, on a scale of 1-10. I have been able to honestly answer each time that I am not depressed or anxious. I've had a few weeks to ponder this.  Why am I not depressed?  This is one of, if not the worst thing I have ever been through in my life and yet, I'm not depressed. I'm not even sad. Huh. I began to recognize that every time I received a card, a text, an email, anything, it was from someone that cared about me.  Each and every one brings a smile to my face. I swear, each and every time I read one of these texts, emails or cards I smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I may not be able to respond to your text or email right away (I feel quite sick and very tired for a number of days at a time) but I read each one and look forward to receiving them. Without fail, I smile. To each and every person that reads my blog, comments on my blog, checks in with me through texts and emails or simply sends me a heartfelt card, you are the reason I feel so great. It's your words and love that are getting me through this. Words and love are very powerful...

No comments:

Post a Comment