Saturday, January 17, 2015

Round 3: Lisa 3 Chemo 0

I have survived another round of chemotherapy with only a tiny hiccup along the way. I didn't feel the best on Thursday and my glands in my throat felt so swollen. Turns out, I didn't feel the same kind of sick because I wasn't the same kind of sick. I'm proud of myself for not ignoring how my body felt. I knew it was different and went to the doctor's. It was strep throat. I am pleased to say that I feel so much better than I did yesterday and that I am on the mend, both from the chemo and from the strep throat. I am no longer contagious today as I have had the antibiotics in me and my system for over 24 hours now.  I will spend the next week getting stronger before my next round of chemo.  Only five more rounds of chemotherapy to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment