Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Look good, feel better...

Today I went to Hearth Place. I enrolled in a seminar called 'Look Good, Feel Better'. For starters, what a great place. It is a renovated home in downtown Oshawa dedicated to people and families with cancer. It is run by volunteers and a number of the volunteers are cancer survivors themselves. The 'Look Good, Feel Better' program is there to help cancer patients feel a bit better about themselves by looking better. You get a large box of product (make-up from MAC, skin creams from Clinique, sunscreens, toners, creams, serums, you name it) and they teach you how to use it all (for those that may not know how).  They also teach you how to fake it - drawing in eyebrows that look more natural for when mine eventually fall out.  All of this is completely free! I was really impressed with the product and the number of volunteers there to help out. Something that I did find out is that once I am finished my chemo treatments, I will start to grow some peach fuzz about three weeks after my last chemo treatment and my hair will start to grow about a month after my last treatment! Yay! I can't wait! Talk about look good, feel better...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful place, glad it helped you to feel better...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went on the Hearth Place website. What an amazing resource! So glad you have connected with them.

    God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

    Enjoy showing the world your perfect head!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a Fabulous place. xox

    ReplyDelete