Tuesday, January 13, 2015

In for another round...

Derek and I went to the hospital yesterday and had my blood drawn and my weight checked. They check your weight each time so that they know how much chemo drug to give you. Initially they check your height as well (they do this twice, kind of like a double check) because they also need to know your body surface area. Each time I go to get a chemo treatment, they weigh me. The amount of chemo drug will change each time depending on a weight/height calculation. They have it right down to a change of one millilitre. Even losing half a pound makes a difference as to how much drug is administered. My oncologist did not measure the tumor this time but did ask me if I felt it was softer. I think it is but maybe that is me being hopeful. Regardless, it was a quick check-in appointment with her. Today, I went to chemo with my Mom. It was nice and different going with a fresh set of eyes. Derek and I (and I hate to say this) are already old hat at the process. It was all new for my Mom. It was really nice to have her there. The treatment went as well as can be expected, and now that I am back home, I am ready to tuck into bed for the next two or three days...

No comments:

Post a Comment