Saturday, January 10, 2015

Mind and energy...

Today I had a Reiki treatment done on me. I had never experienced this before today. I wasn't even sure what it was prior to today (or the last couple days when I looked it up so I would have a basic idea of what it was). I was encouraged to try this by a friend of mine and in fact, she treated me to my first treatment (thank you). I thought, really what can I lose. I am seeking positive energy and thoughts as I travel my journey, so what better. Reiki is all about energy and getting energy flowing in your body. Essentially, Reiki uses a hands-healing technique that uses our energy to heal and balance the subtle energies within our bodies. Reiki addresses physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances. I talked with the practitioner prior to treatment so she had an idea where I was in my breast cancer treatment and how I was feeling. Then the treatment began. I lay face-up on a table (like you would for a massage, although I was fully clothed, unlike when one goes for a massage).  The conduit (the practitioner) ran a pendulum over and above my body prior to beginning any treatment. Then she used a Reiki drum and gently drummed over my entire body (without ever touching me). The cool thing was, I could feel all the vibrations flowing in my body. The purpose of this is to allow the energy to flow deeper within. Quiet, spa-like music filled the room and my treatment began. Initially, the conduit placed her hands on my shoulders and under my head but for the majority of the treatment her hands would only hover over my body. I could feel the heat of the conduit travel into my over body. I really began to relax and soak it all in...and as quick as that, it was over. Well, not really, but it felt like it. She continued the treatment for about half an hour but I suppose I relaxed so much that I may have dozed off a little bit. At one point I felt like my dog Tucker, had come to sleep with me and was laying across my shins. I think it was when the practitioner was grounding my body (her hands were on the bottom of my legs and feet) - energy flows in through our heads and out through our feet. I felt wonderful. I felt relaxed and rested. She asked me if I'd like to draw an Angel card from a stack of tiny cards she had in a box. I did and drew the 'Freedom' card. Huh. It's something that can be interpreted however you want. Freedom could mean so much to me. Ultimately, I think for me, it is the freedom of having cancer in my body, but that is something long-term. For now, maybe it is freeing my body of some negativity, stress and clutter. I will work on detoxing my body of negativity and inviting positive energy into my body and mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment