Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A well-deserved day all about me...

I am sooooo excited! I am going for a well-deserved spa day!  I am going for the works! We are talking manicure and pedicure (couldn't do those during chemo in case of nicks and infections), massage, facial and a lunch. I can't wait! I want to just lay there and have someone pamper me. I love this on a normal day but when chemotherapy did a number on my body. It is incredible to see how it has dried out my skin as much as it has. At one point my hands and feet were peeling. I am sooooo looking forward to someone massaging creams and oils into my hands and feet and for the parafin wax on my heels. My face felt so dry and I had to put face cream on at least a couple times a day. I am going for a hydro facial. It is supposed to be amazing and add a lot of moisture back into my face. I'm sure it will but to be honest, I can't wait to just have someone pamper me. I do have to remind the estetician to not rub or wash my eyes (the lashes) or eyebrows too much - I haven't yet lost either my eyebrows or my eyelashes! Knock on wood!!! There are still another ten days where they may fall out so no tugging! It just goes to show the lasting effects of what the chemo is doing in my body. I also can't wait for the massage. Oh the massage! My muscles and joints and bones have been so achy. I could probably lay on that bed all day and just have the massage. The spa is local and they do a wonderful lunch. I am looking forward to this day all about me more than you could possibly know or understand...

2 comments:

  1. Hope it is everything you dream it will be, can't think of anyone more deserving...Enjoy every minute...spa away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty awesome, if you ask me! Men usually get some flack for spa treatment or mani/pedis, but I have to admit that my wife scheduled me a couple's spa day once and it was amazing. I couldn't imagine what it would be like after going through the struggle you've faced as a cancer survivor. You definitely deserve it.

    Brooke Burgess @ East West College

    ReplyDelete