Monday, March 30, 2015

Round 8: Lisa 8 Chemo 0

I did it! I survived! Chemo is done and over with hopefully never to be seen again! It was tough, gruelling, exhausting yet necessary. My doctor's have given me just over four weeks to recover and make myself stronger before I have my mastectomy. I will take this opportunity to get myself outside and to feel human again. I have felt cooped up all winter. Every other week I had to stay home or close to home so I could rest and recover. The rest of the time I hardly wanted to leave our house because it was either so cold out or because I look sickly - like a cancer patient. My eyes are darker and my skin is pale. I can't wait to get some life in me again. The sun will help with the vitamin D. I have to be so careful now as melanoma is a secondary cancer to breast cancer (who knew?). I will do everything in my power to never have cancer again. Those who know me best, know I love my sun. Times are a changing! Time for more sunscreen and less suntanning. It just isn't worth it. I did it! I kicked chemo (and cancer's butt) eight times...

1 comment:

  1. Love the looks of that score board. .so happy you are done and of course came out the winner, a shutout no less!!! Now time to get strong, enjoy life, family and friends to the fullest...couldn't be happier for you sunshine xoxo...hold your head high!!

    ReplyDelete