Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A picture says a thousand words...maybe more...

One of the most wonderful and talented people I know photographed me in one of my most vulnerable states - with absolutely no hair. That's right, completely bald. It was actually my husbands idea initially to take photos of both of us with shaved heads (we asked my son but he didn't want to shave his head - who can blame him!). I quickly agreed to this idea. I love having photos of everything and I am always taking pictures. In the end, I wanted to do this because although this has been one of, if not the most difficult time in my life, it has still been a precious moment in my life.  I am a person that likes to be able to remember every moment of my life, both good and bad.  Down the road, we always talk about these moment and reflect back on them. I wanted to be able to reflect back and take as much good from it as possible. Some good that has come from all of this is that I have been able to spend copious amounts of time with my family.  I am home when my son gets home from school. I spend more time with my husband in the evening instead of planning a lesson (or three) or marking. I am able to focus my time and energy not only on getting better, but also on my precious family. I no longer need to work late or bring work home.  It has also allowed me to remember and reconnect and appreciate my friendships - many I've had for years and some more recent ones. This photographer who is so gifted and artistic has agreed to photograph my journey through all of it's ups and downs - hopefully more ups than downs. The photographer had a brilliant and clever way of capturing me at the perfect moment in time filled with raw emotion. I can never thank her enough for doing this for me. Words will never express my most sincere thanks. Included here are only a tiny snippet of the photos we took one afternoon. It was my absolute pleasure to have worked with you...





 
    

My dear photographer has a small selection of the photos on her blog if you would like to see a grouping. She captures the perfect moment and photos in a ways people only dream of. She certainly did when she photographed me...

http://www.christinecousinsphotography.com
https://www.facebook.com/christinecousinsphotography

1 comment:

  1. You are a beautiful woman inside and out! Such and inspiration and strong individual! I miss you so much

    ReplyDelete