Monday, April 06, 2015

Just like a Georgia peach...

I'm getting some peach fuzz back on my bald melon! I am so excited! I noticed it two days ago when I looked in the mirror. I saw one side of my head glisten slightly. I had a closer look and I mean a close look at my head. You can't see it from more than a foot away and you really have to look closely even when you are actually looking for it. The hair is so super fine and so golden that you really have to look closely and at the right angle if you are attempting to find it. I'm almost obsessed with it. I run my hand over my head just so I can feel the tiny fine hairs. It doesn't quite feel the same like if you were to run your hand over a head that has been shaved down. It's so much softer and so much finer. I look in the mirror to see where it is starting to grow (or where I can find it growing). I can now see it everywhere - the sides, top, and my hairline around my forehead. Don't get me wrong, it will be a long time before I go around in public without a hat of some sort or without my wig but it feels so awesome to have a little bit of hair growing back. I was told that I would actually start to notice real hair (not peach fuzz) growing back about a month after my last chemo treatment (March 24th, 2015). Speaking of hair, I still have most of my eyelashes and most, well maybe half as much of my eyebrows. They are definitely thinner but they are still there. I am really hoping the most of the rest of my eyelashes and eyebrows hang in there. I consider myself lucky to have any remaining as I was told I would more than likely lose them completely. If I do happen to lose my eyelashes or eyebrows, I should have them back within seven to eight weeks.  Here's to hoping they last and not much more falls out, and to my hair starting to grow back. I'm all smiles...

2 comments:

  1. And those of us following your journey are smiling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to growing hair, all smiles here for you sunshine!! xo

    ReplyDelete