Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pre-op completed...

Yuck! More darn blood work! And the nurse had to check my weight, again. In actuality, the pre-op appointment is nothing (once you get past the blood work and the weight measurement!). It's a double check on the information they have. The nurse had to double check the consent for surgery and for the consent to be put under. We went over any medications I may be on to see if they would interfere with the surgery (no worries there). The nurse reminded me no alcohol 24 hours before surgery (really? - I want a glass of wine the night before), no eating or drinking anything after midnight, no chewing gum for 24 hours before, nothing (even water) the day of surgery. I need to make sure I go to the hospital in loose, comfortable fitting clothing and my sweatshirt needs to be a zip-up as I won't be able to lift my arm. I need to be sure to have someone available at the hospital waiting so they can drive me home (duh!). I also have to leave all jewelry and personal possessions at home, except for my health card. Next up, mastectomy...

6 comments:

  1. You've got this! Sending speedy recovery vibes into the Universe for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walk in the park for you sunshine!
    Can't wait to once again share a glass of wine (or 2) with you...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lis, I am just now finding your blog since the beginning. What a challenge you've been through, but look at you go. Inspirational for sure. You will continue your strength through this last hurdle! Sending positivity and love! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck and god speed Lisa. Wishing you nothing but blue skies and green lights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be thinking of you all day on April 22 as you climb back uphill on your journey. Nothing but sunshine and blue skies ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking about you today, sending positive vibes and wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete