Monday, April 27, 2015

One drain out, one to go...

After having the drains in for five days, the first one was pulled out today! Over the last 48 hours , I have had two consecutive days where one of my drains had measured below 30mL (in fact it was 25mL and 14mL). These drains are a big pain in the butt so I was over the moon thinking of having at least one drain removed. The second drain is getting closer but it's not there yet. The only hitch is that I have heard from a number of people how painful it can be to have them removed. Six inches of tubing has to be pulled out from inside me. With five days having gone by since my mastectomy, there is a chance that my body has had a chance of growing around the tube. I decided to take a painkiller (or two) 40 minutes prior to the removal. I was not leaving the pain to chance. No sirree Bob! As it turns out, I could feel it but there was no pain. I'm looking forward to the second drain coming out. Hopefully it will be sooner than later...

3 comments:

  1. Short term pain for long term gain. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No drain, no pain. ;). You are doing awesome. Good to hear post op is going well. The Todd's are cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete