Saturday, May 02, 2015

Stapled together...

It has been ten days now since my mastectomy. That means it is time for my staples to come out! The doctor ordered for them to come out today so when my nurse comes over, out they come. What my nurse told me though is that they usually take half out today and the other half out the next day, particularly when it is a lengthy incision (eight inches and twenty-four staples). I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. I've never had a stitch or staple in my life and the thought makes me a little queasy. I have not looked at the incision therefore I also have not seen the staples. I don't like the idea of feeling each staple being taken out...and then feeling it again tomorrow. I'm going to have to suck it up because it going to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment