Monday, May 04, 2015

Three down, one to go...

Over the last three days, I had a drain pulled out (wasn't too painful...actually wasn't painful at all), half of my staples one day and the other half the second day. Three things down, one more drain to go. This drain is driving me crazy. It's annoying, irritating and doesn't go with any of my fashion :-) To help maintain the drain, the tubing needs to be 'milked'. You have to hold the tube at the top end, closest to my body and the squeeze and pull at the same time to force the substance through the tube and into the drain. I'm still taking readings each day, multiple times a day, and recording each amount.  Not even close to 30mL yet.  The closest I got was 42mL/24 hours but now the last 24 hour reading was 69mL. My nurse that came this weekend told me that it is still draining because I got all of my lymph nodes out and that is part of the drainage system in our bodies. Because I have no drainage system there, the fluid needs to go somewhere until it settles on the path it will keep in my body. I don't if that is correct or not but it makes sense to me. I wish my body would start to figure things out because tomorrow is thirteen days after surgery. I'm getting tired of waiting...

1 comment:

  1. You're doing awesome Lisa! What seems like an eternity now will be tiny speck of time as the days fly by! Hang in there Hun! You've got this!

    ReplyDelete