Saturday, May 16, 2015

On the mend...

All my drains are out and I am healing nicely. I have finely been able to bring myself to look closely at the incision site and where the drains were. Unfortunately, it looks like I will have two scars where the drains were as there are now pits in my skin. The incision site has a nice, straight cut that I still have steri-strips on, more for my own peace of mind. Most of the pain is gone now (yay!) except right in the middle of my chest where my minimal cleavage used to be, and the tricep area. There are some lingering sharp pins and needles in that area. Again, I am hopeful that with time, the pins and needles will subside. I still have a recovery road ahead of me as I can still only lift my arm to my shoulder height and cannot really reach forward, down, or up if I need to get anything. I am also not able to lift anything with any weight to them with my right arm. I am hopeful that my physiotherapy will start next week...

2 comments: