Friday, May 08, 2015

One more day...

Finally! Tomorrow is the day that the last drain will be pulled out! For a long time there appeared to be no end in sight and then finally yesterday, the last drain started to dry up.  I am feeling really great at this point. Most of the pain (aside from the drain discomfort is gone). That said, I still have a long way to go. I still need to work on my arms mobility. I can raise my arm to shoulder height (no higher) and can move it around a little more. I can't move it at odd angles (putting some clothing on is still very difficult) and I cannot lift much yet as it causes strain in many areas including my chest, underarm and my side. These areas are still experiencing a lot of discomfort. In fact, the tricep area of my arm is still very painful. Any time anything touches it, or when I breeze blows and I get goose bumps, it is very painful. It feels like little needles going into my skin. We are hoping this feeling will go away with time but there is no guarantee. The pain may lessen but always be there.  There is a chance that the pain will go away with time and my fingers are crossed for this option. Under my arm is still very numb and I am hoping that I get some feeling back there as well. We will cross one bridge at a time though. My last drain is coming out tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Finally back online with you sunshine, just got caught up on your last posts since surgery...arrgghh phones...you are doing awesome, I know to you it doesn’t always feel that way but look how far you've come...that light is starting to shine"SO"much brighter, just like you!! Lov' ya sunshine xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you well soon Lisa. The things life hands us sometimes seem insurmountable, but the will to survive is strong. Your strength is truly an inspiration to those around you. Get better soon girl.

    ReplyDelete