Sunday, June 28, 2015

Moving along...

Ten of my twenty-five radiation treatments are in the books. So far, I haven't experienced any real side-effects.  My skin might be slightly darker but not by much. I haven't really felt any more tired than usual and my skin has not become dry or itchy. My latest appointment with my radiology oncologist went well and he is happy with the progress and the way my skin is reacting. When I met with him way back in December, he told me that radiation is a walk in the park in comparison to chemotherapy and a mastectomy. So far it has been and I hope it stays that way but I also realize how many treatments I still have to go through and how drastically things can change. Still, I am cautiously optimistic...

1 comment:

  1. Love the positive attitude, it is what will get you where you want to be. Here's hoping the next half will go as smoothly and that you're able to enjoy some summertime fun with your family. We are always thinking about you and cheering each step. Keep it up tough chick. :)

    ReplyDelete