Sunday, June 21, 2015

Radiation...

I have now had five radiation treatments. It's really cool and super easy (at this point).  Each time I need to get changed from the waist up and put on a gown. I can keep my pants on and all my jewelry except for my necklaces. My first treatment, I went into the room and lay down on the board. Two technicians are in the room with me and they begin to set you up immediately. I have to slide my one arm out of the gown so they can fix the machine on me in the exact same spot between the tattoos each time. They get me into the exact position, to the millimetre, The technicians put a type of material over top of my breast that had the cancer that is supposed mimic skin. The technicians then leave the room.  The machine begins to move around me, from one side, over the top of me and then to the other side. The actual radiation takes no longer then three minutes.  That's it, I'm done. Five down, twenty more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment