Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Getting further into radiation...

I have made it through seven treatments now and so far I haven't felt much in the way of extreme side-effects however, I have noticed that my skin has started to colour just a little bit. I have maintained my energy and have stayed as active as I was prior to radiation. I met with my radiology oncologist and he was happy that very thing was going smoothly. There really wasn't much to this appointment however he did say that at future appointments he will begin to monitor my skin and progress more closely. For the most part, the technicians and my doctor have said that I may begin to notice signs of fatigue after about my tenth treatment. They are very happy that I am trying to actively walk at last five kilometres a day as they have said that there are studies which have proven that exercise and remaining active help treating cancer patients. My plan is to listen to my body but stay as active as possible. I meet with my doctor again later this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment