Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The end is near...

Today was interesting. I went for my chemo treatment that takes forever! Again, the first thing the nurses gave me was Benedryl. I could not stop fidgeting, moving and squirming.  I was so frustrated because I just wanted to lie down. I caved. I asked the nurse for an Ativan. That really helped and I was off to lala land, quickly. It definitely helped to pass the four and a half hour treatment and I didn't feel nearly as nauseous.  I was still tired when I got home and kept nodding off to sleep. Things were happening around me that I wasn't registering. At one point I woke up and told Derek that when he and Riley went to hockey practice I was going to go get a cheeseburger Happy Meal from McDonald's. He did everything in his power to sway me from driving - call your parents.  I just fell back asleep and forgot all about it! I must have slept again for another hour. Derek called me at the end of practice. I was starving! We went to grab some munchies. I felt really well today after my treatment, aside from being tired. Not sure about how much sleep I will get tonight but I feel good. I suspect I will feel good until about three hours after my injection tomorrow when all my muscles will ache and then shortly after that when all my joints and bones will hurt. I'll take it!...

1 comment:

  1. Ativan can take you places you only dream of...
    you sound like you are totally in control of this whole cancer thing now, glad treatment is done once again and only 2 are left...keep fighting sunshine because as far as winning, you are miles and miles ahead...xoxo

    ReplyDelete