Monday, February 23, 2015

The day before...

Tomorrow, I am on my sixth chemo treatment. I can't wait. I seriously can't wait. I have 28 days until my last chemo treatment, about 35 until I feel good again. Not too long and I will be able to count down the days on my fingers and toes! My oncologist measured my tumor today and it has shrunk to about 4cm now! We did talk about what stage my cancer was at the beginning and she did tell me that I am/was a stage 3A. They will again measure the tumor when I have my mastectomy and give it a stage but the initial stage will always trump any other stage given. I am in a very positive frame of mind, more so than I felt two weeks ago. Two weeks ago I still felt that I had a long road to travel until I arrived at the end of chemo. Today, I can feel how much shorter my journey. I am not looking forward to feeling the pain for another five to six days but I know that after that pain has subsided, I will only have two treatments left. A small price to pay...

2 comments:

  1. This post has made me smile, your positivity once again radiates through, even more so this time, your spark is coming back...the count down has begun on the road to recovery...I am overcome with happiness and love for you, I know the next few days will be tough but you have proven over and over again, you are one tough chick!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! You'll be feeling better just in time for the nicer weather to arrive and you and the family can enjoy the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete