Tuesday, February 03, 2015

It's been a challenge...

This round has been a struggle.  It took me longer than it has previously to recover. Then I developed quite a cold (I am still fighting it). I still don't feel 100%. I can't believe how fatigued I feel and how weak I am. I have lost four pounds in a week - typically this would make me happy but I have tried to maintain my weight throughout this process as I need all the strength and energy I can muster. I felt like I was robbed of my weekend with my family. I was colouring with my son and I became exhausted. I actually had to lie down for half an hour - from colouring! Throughout the weekend I had moments where I still felt queasy and I needed to take a nap, albeit a short one. Usually we host a Super Bowl party and we had to differ it to another friend this year. That sucks. I hate how this cancer is robbing me of moments in my life. There are many days when I am too tired to get my son ready for bed. I can rarely take our dog for a walk because it is so cold and it takes so long for me to warm up or because it is too tiring for me to walk around the block. I dislike that I can't go in to school to see my class as I am afraid to pick some sickness up. I was angry on Sunday. I get that it takes 96 hours to five days to feel better from the chemo but it is taking at least five to six days now to start getting better. It is frustrating because I want to spend time with my family. I want to go out and do things. I want to be active. I am not looking forward to going for my next treatment...

1 comment:

  1. Short term pain for long term gain! You are halfway there now right? You are heading towards the finish line. Your friends are on the sidelines cheering you on! YOU GO GIRL! Kick Cancer's ASS

    ReplyDelete