Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Fifth one down...

I had my fifth treatment of eight today. It was tough. We were there for over four hours, closer to five. I had to have four different bags of fluids (the medicine) injected into me. They started with Benedryl to make sure I don't have a reaction to the chemo drug. I did have a reaction to the Benedryl however. I couldn't keep still. I was so twitchy and my poor bald head was very itchy. Restless leg kicked in. This went on for about 20 minutes. Brutal when you are uncomfortable and all you want to do is sleep because you are so drowsy. They followed the Benedryl with a steroid. After the steroid, I was given anther drug (I don't even remember what it was now because I was so out of it.) I finally got my chemo drug. It took three hours to get that into my body. They regularly had to come and check my vital signs to make sure I was handling the drug okay.  I slept for most of the three hours. When it was time to go home, I was so weak. A nurse saw me walking down the hall and made me sit and wait for Derek to get the car. She was so worried I was going to faint. I got home and went straight to bed. I slept for another three hours. When I got up, I felt pretty good. I no longer felt nauseous. I went to bed a little later than usual (I did have a lot of sleep in the afternoon)! I still felt none of the promised aches and pains. I am sure they are still coming but for now, I am happy! I will definitely have aches and pains tomorrow, one way or another as I will get my blood cell booster injection. That always guarantees at least two days of pain. Yippee. On the bright side, fifth one down, only three to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment