Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Radiation completed...check...

Finally, the worst of the worst is over!!! My last radiation was yesterday. I made it through all twenty-five bouts of radiation. It wasn't too bad and my skin was handling it fairly well until appointment number twenty-three. From then until the end, it turned my skin painfully red. It is itchy, and peeling and my skin is swollen. I have a patch of skin that is about a three inch triangle right on my breast bone where the skin is the thinnest that is extremely painful and almost purple in colour. I am putting cream, cortizone and aloe on it like it's going out of style. Anything that rubs against the skin there, irritates it. That's okay though. I feel as though I am finished the worst part. The best is yet to come...

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo..so glad it is done and so so proud of you, you continue to amaze me once again just as you have throughout this journey...check it off the list as "done"✔way to go ..love you sunshine! xo

    ReplyDelete