Thursday, August 06, 2015

A small scare...

I recently went for an MRI on my lower back. I had been experiencing a lot of pain. I struggled to get out of bed due to the pain and just walking could be horrible at times. I couldn't bend over to reach for anything. My family doctor decided it was time for me to do an MRI after x-rays came back showing nothing. I thought I was going for a routine MRI. It was a big surprise once I got there. Everything started off as normal as any MRI can be. I went in, headphones on and lay as still as I could. The nurse came back to me once I thought the MRI was completed. Nope. She told me that she needed to inject some dye into me and take two more MRI pictures. I mentally slapped my head. Of course, my doctor was checking to see if I had cancer in my spine. When I was asking my oncologist for signs of knowing that the cancer may have come back. Her response...you might get back pain, headaches, the flu more often. Hold up. What? Back pain? As I was laying in the machine, I began to feel numb and very frightened. Everything was coming back to me like an avalanche of feelings and thoughts. My heart was pounding and my head felt like I had an ocean of waves crashing down between my ears. I felt hot (could have been the hot flashes but I don't think so) and clammy. When I got out of the MRI machine and was getting ready to leave, the nurse threw over her shoulder, "You can expect the results in a week or two." Say what? I have to wait for these results for a week or two. Was she nuts? That's just cruel...

No comments:

Post a Comment